Saturday 26 March 2016

Garba Shehu Denies Buying $800,000 From CBN, Threatens To Sue PDP Twitter Admin If…

Garba Shehu Denies Buying $800,000 From CBN, Threatens To Sue PDP Twitter Admin If…

Presidential spokesman Malam Garba Shehu said the PDP lied in alleging that he bought USD 800,000 from the Central Bank of Nigeria at 185 naira, adding that he will resign from his position the day he chose to start trading forex.

Opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP through its verified Twitter handle had alleged that the Senior Special assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari ,Mallam Garba Shehu got USD 800,000 at N185 from the CBN on the instruction of the apex bank governor, Godwin Emefiele. The party further alleged that Shehu sold the said amount the same day at N350.

Reacting to the allegation, Shehu said; “It is a lie by PDP to say I bought USD 800,000 from the CBN. I had only two FOREX purchases since coming into government: Eight thousand Dollars (USD 8,000) sent to my daughter and nephews through UBA. This is verifiable”.

“I’m not a FOREX trader. The day I choose to start trading in FOREX I will resign as Presidential spokesman” Shehu said.
Mallam Shehu also threatened that he would have sued “the coward and psychopath behind the official PDP handle” for defamation if only he knows the person behind it.

“If I know the coward and psychopath behind the official PDP handle, I will launch a defamation suit against him/her. And I will claim money in millions as damages!” he said.
734954_1721090611438356_7816279499400839808_n

No comments:

Post a Comment